- 1 1/2 lbs fingerling potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper, or more to taste
- 2 tbs chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Tigertail Buffalo Beer Sauce
For the Blue Cheese Sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- 2 tbs buttermilk, shaken
- MAKE THE SMASHIES. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Boil the potatoes for 10-12 minutes in salt water, until the potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork. Remove, uncover, drain well, and cool until just warm.
- MAKE THE BLUE CHEESE SAUCE. Now while the potatoes are roasting, make the 2 sauces. In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, blue cheese, mayo, buttermilk and black pepper to taste.
- Using a fork, lightly smash the potatoes down while retaining their shape. You want them to hold together, so be gentle.
- Pour the oil onto a large rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle the oil with 3/4 tsp of the salt and 1/2 tsp of the pepper. Arrange the smashes on the sheet and sprinkle the tops with the remaining 3/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Put it on the floor of the oven and roast until the undersides are crispy but not burnt, 15 to 20 minutes.
- When the potatoes are done, remove them from the oven and dump them onto a serving platter. Pour the Tigertail Buffalo sauce over the potatoes and drizzle with the blue cheese sauce. Season to taste with black pepper.