- 1/2 T Tigertail Buffalo Beer Wing Sauce plus extra for topping
- 2 chicken breasts
- 8oz. macaroni pasta
- 1 T butter
- 2 T flour
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4oz. sharp cheddar cheese, grated plus extra for topping
- 2 T bread crumbs
- chopped green onion
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Place in the oven and let cook for about 20 minutes, remove from the oven and let rest.
2. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour, and whisk together. Let cook for about a minute, then add buttermilk. Whisking occasionally, heat the buttermilk to a slow simmer (don’t let boil).
3. Add cheddar cheese and whisk to combine. Once the cheese has melted, add buffalo beer wing sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set sauce aside.
4. In a large pot, boil water and add pasta. Cook until al dente. Add buttermilk sauce to the pasta, stirring gently, Add blue cheese crumbles. Slice chicken, and cover in buffalo sauce. Add chicken to the macaroni.
5. Place macaroni into a casserole dish (I used a deep-dish pie pan, 1.25 Qt). Top with bread crumbs, more cheddar cheese, and blue cheese crumbs.
6. Place in the oven, and let bake for about 15-20 minutes. If you’d like, broil for an extra few minutes to golden the top. Remove from oven and enjoy!