- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Tigertail mustard
- 1 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb. (8 oz) sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 lbs. (24 oz) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup warm evaporated milk or half and half
- Cornstarch (optional)
- Add honey, mustard, garlic and olive oil to a medium bowl. Whisk well.
- Add chicken and mushrooms to the slow cooker. Salt and pepper the chicken lightly. Stir the whisked mixture over the top of the chicken and mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours.
- Remove the lid and stir in the warm milk and the bacon. If you want a thicker sauce you can make a cornstarch slurry and stir it into the pot. Cook on high until sauce has thickened (about 15 minutes).
- Serve chicken and sauce over mashed potatoes, noodles, rice or quinoa.